Title: Message
The note refers to Samba 2.2.2, which was released last month.

Mandrake 8.1 came with Samba 2.2.1a - you might want to update -the fixes for winXP are *very* recent.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Battista, JohnX
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 8:15 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [expert] Samba & XP

http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/connect/csamba6.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Grouwels Daniel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 10:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] Samba & XP

I'm trying to set up Samba server as a domain controller.

I also wanted to add some shares as netlogon etc...

On the server, no problem. I managed to prepare the whole thing, added an account for the win XP machine.

The problem is that I can't add the pc to become a member of the domain, nor can I see the shares.

I always get a box to enter a pwd. Root doesn't work and I set the encryption for passwords to yes.

Can someone guide me.

Thanxs