I have 8.1 running dual-boot on a generic laptop with opl3sax sound - or
at least that is how win98se identifies it. The laptop manufacturer is
Twinhead according to the AMI bios id string. I've tried to set up the
sound with sndconfig using the values windows reports but can't get it
to work. I've seen that the alsa rpm's are installed but cannot get that
to work either though I've never used alsa before and may not be doing
it right.

I've looked at the sound and alsa how-to's and checked mandrakeuser.org
to no avail. Anyone have any insight on how to get the sound to work on
this laptop?

--
Mike Rambo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]