hello

If anyone can answer any of these problems or get them fixed in the next
release I would appreciate it.

I have a tyan MP S2460 mother board with dual Athlon 1.2Ghz cpus.

I have had several problems, SCSI cards did not work and could not load
second stage. now i got it working with a different scsi card. and
encountered the following problems.

they are not in any order..

1) segmentation fault. I did this after going through about 6 different
languages in that section of the install. most of which said that
language was unavailable for install.

this is the text output:
----------
gtkwindow.c line 1129 (gtw_window_realise) assertion
!GTK_WINDOW_REALIZED failed at /usr/bin/perl-install/mouse.pm line 461

Attempt to free unreferenced scalar at /usr/bin/perl-install/my_gtk.pm
line 134 during global deconstruction.
segmentation fault: seems like memory is missing as the install crashes
press enter to reboot
----------

2) unable to get usb logitech wheel mouse to work

No USB detection at all, using bios emulation mode I can get it to work
with ps/2 but not wheel

I got the mouse wheel to work using a usb->ps/2 adapter plug. but i
notice that the first 1 second of the "mouse test" screen the mouse goes
a bit crazy, then it settles down and moves normally again. i have seen
this in every install on other machines as well

3) keyboard bad human interface section of install.
I selected UK english, so UK kbd is highlighted, but i have japanese 106
kbd, so i click "more" select japanese 106 but "UK kbd" is still
highlighted!

I can click OK and it proceeds, but the UK is still highlighted! or I
can double click on the Japanese106 item.

could u add a "more" section with a button to indicated that a different
kbd was selected? this would be confusing for a basic user!

This is the same bug that is still present in the mdk8.1 control centre,
select XF86 config and another window pops up for advanced, then when
you have finished there is still and OK /Cancel type window in the
control centre that should be closed when the pop up window closes.

4) another problem is that the install section icons on the left can not
be Tabbed to
eg when my mouse went crazy as it was not configured correctly it
"clicked" by mistake on the OK buttons but i could not get back using
the keyboard to change the mouse type! is there no way to select these
items on the left with the kbd?

5) httpd was listed in the "choose which services will start at bootup"
section at end of install

but i did not install apache or httpd! this has been tested on several
pcs and displays on both, even though not installed!

6) finally when changing the clock time in KDE the screen goes blank for
2 seconds, this can not be normal can it?

mdk is great apart from that, thanks or any replies, please use the
numbers to make it clear which you are referring too

JG

Hypermedia Research Centre
Sanyo R&D Headquarters, Tokyo
http://www.sanyo.co.jp/R_and_D/3dm/
Tel: +81 (0)3 5803 3566
Fax: +81 (0)3 5803 3640
E-post:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Please use open standard file formats for attachments