Juergen Hammelmann wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 14. November 2001 14:42 schrieben Sie:
> > A co-worker is trying to get tuxracer to run on his box after installing
> > 8.1. He, and I when I later tried it, is seeing an error
> >
> > Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> >
> > I have grepped through the RPMS on all three CD's looking for Xlib,
> > xlib, GLX, or glx and found only one rpm containing xlib which didn't
> > fix the problem. Anyone know what the error means and how to fix it?
> >
> Hi, you need opengl to run tuxracer!!! What graphics card do you have?

Thanks to all who helped. The laptop I was messing with doesn't have 3d
graphics which explains why it wouldn't work there. My co-workers box
has an 8MB ATI 3d rageII+ pci card. The 8.1 installer loaded XFree4 by
default. I'll make sure that glx and dbe is being loaded as a couple of
folks have suggested and go from there.

--
Mike Rambo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]