Hey there.

This experience has been quite trying.  Here's the breakdown:

- Mandrake 8.0
- qmail-1.03
- courier-imap-1.3.12
- Squirrelmail webmail 1.2.0-rc2 (and the CVS version from Tuesday)
- apache-1.3.22
- vpopmail-5.0
- qmailadmin-1.0

Everything works quite well until a user actually gets mail into a
particular folder (be it their INBOX, Sent, Trash, etc) at which time
the following error gets reported:

---
ERROR : Could not complete request.
Unknown response from IMAP server: * 1 FETCH (BODY[HEADER.FIELDS ("Date"
"To" "From" "Cc" "Subject" "Message-Id" "X-Priority" "Content-Type")]
{170}
---

However, if the mail in ~vpopmail/domains/<domain>/<user>/Maildir/new/
is then removed, there are no errors.

I've also noticed that it happens most noticeably when there's more than
one user logged in at a time.

But the thing that really gets me is that it doesn't happen 100% of the
time.  Probably 95%, but the remaining five percent, it will fill the
folder with message entries like:

---
Unknown Sender    Thu, 9:40 pm        (no subject)
---

Or:

---
Body retrival error.  Please report this bug!
Response:  OK
Message:  FETCH completed.
FETCH line:  )
---

Up until now, it wouldn't seem like a Mandrake problem would it?  It
very well may not be, but I find it odd that every other result I could
get from a google search is from someone using 8.0.  But to be honest, I
can't replicate the problem on any of my other 8.0 or 8.1 boxes.  (All
using the same version of courier-imap).

If anyone wants to test it out, go to:

http://potpie.org/webmail

Name    = [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Passwd  = foo

If anyone has any ideas, I'd sure appreciate hearing them.

Thanks in advance,

-Charlie
--
GPG Key fingerprint = 4F36 EC4F 2F2C 5F59 9690  09E5 4C0F 9DB0 8623 53CE
Life sucks, but death doesn't put out at all.