Darren King wrote:

> I added a cdrw to my system.  I added hdc=ide-scsi to lilo.conf, ran
> lilo and added the alias scsi_adapter ide-scsi to modules.conf.
>
> Now what.  cdrecord-scanbus does not see it so I can burn to it yet.
>
> Darren

Do a "cat /proc/devices". Do you have a character device called "sg"? Do
you have block devices called "loop" and "sr"? These you will need to
burn. Do a "lsmod". Do you have "sg" and "loop" in the kernel? If some
of these issues are a bit abstruse, you do have a CD Burning-How-To, you
might want to check this out....

good luck,

--
J. Craig Woods