Title: Changing video cards and disappearing NICs

Ok. The server that you guys helped me with 2 days ago needed a bit of adjustment.

I have a Trident ProVidia 9685 (?) card in it and had the resolution set to 800x600x16. This really wasn't enough for me, so I set it to 1024x768x16. The card appeared to work for a minute, but started freaking out if I had more than a couple of windows open. I really need that resolution, and I remembered that I can get it without a problem with my Stealth 64 Vram. I swapped the card out and figured that X wouldn't start and I could then fire up Xconfigurator and get my new card working. This didn't happen, X freaked out and when I finally got it to stop, I found out that there is no Xconfigurator. I quickly popped the old card in, got back into my system and attempted to install Xconfigurator, whn I saw no such option in SW manager. I also noticed that neither of my nics initialized on this boot, even though hard drake reports them being there. It had to "run config tool" to get the nics working, but after that, the connection sharing wouldn't work. I stopped/restarted all network services, only to find that connection sharing STILL didn't work. I had to reconfigure it to get it to work (thus overwriting my dhcpd config file). Now, when I reboot the pc, the nics don't initialize and I still can't figure out how to change my video card.

George Jones IV
Store Systems Support
Borders Group Inc.