On Wed, 07 Nov 2001 15:04:48 +0100
kons Richard Bown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You missed the point a wee bit Tom, to get out to the outside world I
> have to use a proxy sever,300 miles away in stockholm.
> I have no way of installing ssh on that server, so I'm stuck with
> telneting.
> by using port  7200 and using xinetd to only allow from 1 address is the
> best I can do under the circumstances

openssh installs just like telnet, so how is it that you're unable to install and use
ssh on the very machine that you're now running telnet? they both connect to the
machine in much the same way. one is unsecure and sends login information in the clear
and one is encrypted and does "not" send login information in the clear. i don't see
the problem.

--
daRcmaTTeR
=/\=???
      |%C++
Registered Linux User # 186492

"We love and desire the things most that will kill us!"
                                - Patrick Weaver
                                         2001