On Sunday 18 November 2001 07:54, Harold Hartley wrote:
> I have come up with a problem and hope someone can help me..
>
> It seems I've done something without knowing I think.
>
> when I do a su and type the password, I get a VPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: Domain not
> bound
> So I hope someone knows the answer..
>
> Harold

You've installed and started the ypbind package.  Check for (and remove with
"rpm -e" ) the following packages:

ypbind
yptools
ypserv

YP stands for yellow pages.  It is a system of allowing universal logins.  We
use it at work, along with NFS, to allow users to be able to sit down at any
workstation, log in with the same username/password, and get to their home
directories.  In YP, the system no longer uses /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow to
look up a users password.  There is a ypserver running on a networked server
that all workstation computers are configured to use when verifying
username/password combinations.