Hi, I asked this on the newbie list, but got no response.  I was hoping
someone here would know how to fix this.

How do I manually disable connecting to the internet on startup?

I have an adsl connection that I setup in Mandrake Control Center to
connect automatically on boot.

I can't turn it off from the Mandrake Control Center, because my network
card (Xircom Carbus 56k/10/100Mb PCMCIA) is recognized by Mandrake
Control Center (although it was recognized correctly during
installation).  Before I can change the settings I need to choose the
correct network card drive (an incorrect one will not let me continue).

For some reason the program opened when I click on the "Internet" button
supplied on the Mandrake desktop doesn't open.

Where can I manually change these settings?

How can I disable this from a console?

Thank You.

-Paul Rodríguez