On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 04:52:58 -0500 (EST)
"Jerry L. Kazdan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The new computer I just bought has Windows XP.  I'd like to
> re-partition my (20 GB) hard disk keeping most it for Mandrake 8.1.
> Does the disk re-partitioning software that comes with Mandrake 8.1
> work with a disk originally formatted for Windows XP?
>
> Note: Partition Magic has a new version 7 for Windows XP, claiming
> some incompatibility for earlier versions.

 No Linux distro can modify NTFS partitions.

With WinXP a slightly different NTFS is used as opposed to, say, that used
in Win2k.

To my knowledge, at this time, the only program that can modify existing XP
partitions Is PM7.

I have used it on XP and PM7 does work without problem.

   Charles