I have decided to go with ManDrake 8.0 instead of 8.1 because of the
difficultly with it recognizing my cd/dvd drive or my floppy drive (Dell
Inspiron 4000).  I gave in and loaded 8.0 last night and it installed
without a hitch.  Thanks to all the experts on this subject I was
finally able to realize that I needed to install 8.0 and not 8.1.  Its
funny if I had a question about installing AOL on LM I would get at
least 10 replies  back within a half hour.  I guess this subject is just
to tough a topic for the expert community I will try the newbie forum.