On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:38:15 -0500, you wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:48:37 -0500
>Tom Brinkman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Monday 26 November 2001 09:35 am, Bill Witherspoon wrote:
>> > Is anyone else experiencing problems?
>> > I upgraded to mozilla-0.9.6-1mdk (from src.rpm), and Galeon
>> > 0.12.7-1 segfaults on start up. Tried Galeon 0.12.8-1 (both from
>> > source) with the same problems.
>>
>>    I used the Red Hat rpm for mozilla 9.6 (to avoid the libpng3
>> deps) and  galeon-1.0-1.  Works fine, I believe you're problem is a
>> mismatch between mozilla and galeon versions.
>>
>>    Konqueror is still a better browser tho ;>
>
>You're right, of course.
>I'd like a working Galeon tho. Do you think I should do some forcing with the rpms
>you used?
>
>Bill.

Galeon 1.0 is out; the homepage is http://galeon.sourceforge.net    I
downloaded the source rpm and tried to rebuild it, but it needs devel
dependencies not included in Mandrake 8.1. So I'm sticking with the
"old" 0.12 until Mandrake cooker offers 1.0.

It is getting more and more difficult to upgrade just a part of a
release because of all the changing dependencies. So why bother?

Steve
Stephen B. Browne
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Veritas odit moras"