Randy Donohoe wrote:

 > On Monday 26 November 2001 05:54 pm, you wrote:
 >
 >> On Monday 26 November 2001 06:23 pm, Randy Donohoe wrote:
 >>
 >>> machines. Neither of us can mount a floppy that has been fully
formatted
 >>>  in the KDE floppy formatter using the ext2 file system. DOS,
 >>> yes, ext2 , no. Any ideas?
 >>>
 >> What does fstab say?  as you can see from mine (below), I had to comment
 >>  out the fs=vfat line and add one in that uses auto, for the filesystem
 >>  (plus some other borrowed changes ;) Supermounts both ext2 and
 >> fat fs's now.
 >>
 >> # none  /mnt/floppy     supermount
fs=vfat,dev=/dev/fd0,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,nosuid,nodev,code

 >> page=850, exec,unhide 0 0 none    /mnt/floppy     supermount
auto,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=850,

 >> noauto 0 0
 >>
 >> I needed this so I could do a 'mkbootdisk $(uname -r)'
 >>
 > I'm using auto and so is my friend. If I change to ext2 it tells me  it's
 >  an unsupported file system when I try to mount it. Go figure. Randy
 >  Donohoe

Wow! I know I've been able to mount my ext2 floppies in the past, but I
just tried it to see what you were talking about and I got the same
error!  I'll do some research and see if I can't find out what the
problem is.

Mike

--
Mike & Tracy Holt               \|||/