!,

        Sound was working fine with the emu10k1 driver, with everything but Quake 3.
In an effort to get sound working in Quake 3 with my SBLive Value, I
reconfigured my sound, adding the following to '/etc/modules.conf':

alias snd-slot-0 snd-card-emu10k1
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-emu10k1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

        Sound in Quake 3 now works (and system sounds work), but it has an
unfortunate side-effect.   It now uses the TriTech(23) driver, instead of the
Creative Labs (research says that this card does use the TriTech chipset).
This is unfortunate for two reasons.   The first is that it does not work
with emu10k1-tools, so I can no longer have bass and treble.   The second is
that the TriTech(23) does not seem to have a 'master' volume control, and I
have to mute/adjust front/rear/video seperately.   And since KMix does not
have a 'mute all' switch on it, this can get cumbersome.

        So, to finally get to the question, does anyone know how I can take
advantage of emu10k1-tools, and run Quake 3, without resorting to sending
sound for it to '/dev/null' ?

--
Live fast, die young,
you're sucking up my bandwidth.