Am Mittwoch, 28. November 2001 17:22 schrieben Sie:
> "Richard Bown (QMW)" wrote:
>
> [snip]

> I'm waiting to hear back from Wolfgang on the list of things to
> verify...
>
> Until a "ping -br <broadcast>" which bypasses the routing table
> actually makes it to the other machine (basic connectivity),
> routing tables changes are not going to help (unless the network
> code is buggy).

That's the point. Unless I can get a connection from notebook to
desktop I don't bother about routes.
I ripped off the NIC which was configured as eth1 b/c it was a n old
ISA card and I mistrust them. Also the MCC kept saying "You only have
one NIC" although both showed up in the network section as "up". So
much to the gui tools.

Right now I got a cheap NIC called "Netgear FA311 Fast Ethernet PCI
Card". Problem is, it comes with Linux drivers (!) but only for Red
Hat 6.x and the given files will not compile b/c the makefile is
counting on kgcc. Duh... So I cannot build the module.

Harddrake doesn't know it, it says it's a NAtional Semiconductor
Product and that it is "unknown"

wobo (really getting in to it!)