Hi Tom, Thank you very much.

        I'm quite familiar to some notes that you emphasised.  I also well
know how bad are Asus becoming.  Soyo-K7V (Dragon+ I think) is my first
option but here it is not easy to find (and I'm not question about
price!).  Another option is MSI KT266A mobo.  However Via KT266A (also
present in SY-K7V) seems not to be supported by MDK 8.0 (only 8.1).  This
computer it for my Lab, and it has to work uniniterruptely.  We use APC
since ever.  We also use big tower cases with powerful case coolers in a
very refrigerated room.  We already had a bad experience with cheap
coolers.  My complain about Via chipsets (that I know well from
experience) is they don't work with Zip Drive.  But I won't have one on
this new computer.
        Our biggest problem here is to find all desired hardware at the
same shop.  If you buy here and there, shops only offers the half of the
original warranty.  Anyway, I'll consult my favorite dealer about the
desired hardware and see how long he'll take to prepare it (if possible).

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva