On Sat, 1 Dec 2001 14:42, you wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am having a funny behaviour with KDe and Gnome.  If I click on any icon
> on desktop,  I can see that the programme is running but nothing happens
> after that.  If I want to create a terminal, again nothing happens.  All
> windows simply disappear.
>
> On Gnome things are a bit different. I can't move any terminal window. They
> are stuck on the left corner and that is it.
>
> On windowmaker, everything works fine.
>
> What is going on?
>
> Thanks
>
> Eduardo

First thing to try: in Gnome or command line mode (NOT from within KDE),
delete or rename the .kde directory in your home directory, then re-start
KDE, see if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't work, give us some more details to work with.  What version
of Mandrake?  What version of KDE?  What version of Gnome?  What version of
X?  What changes did you make just before you started having problems?  Or
are these problems happening from a clean install?  What were the other
programs that failed?  What hardware do you have?

We're happy to help out, but we're not mind-readers, you know :-)

John.