As I understand it, the RPM name convention for Mandrake is something
like this:

package-name-<package version>-<buildversion>mdk.<processor>.rpm

where <package version> is the version of the program you're building,
<buildversion> is a builder-maintained version so that a rebuild of the
same product version can be handled as an upgrade without --force, and
processor is generall i586 or noarch in the case of non-compiled stuff
like perl scripts or font packages.

The mdk indicates that it is an OFFICIAL Mandrake package.

I could be wrong on any of this, but I *think* this is how it works.

    - Theo