In LM 7.2, I found that setting up ipchains to provide a very flexible
firewall was rather easy.

Having installed 8.1, I saw the Drakconf option to build a firewall,
and stepped through that. It seemed extremely primitive (much too high
level; just to give one example: it says things like "do you want to
enable a Web server?" without asking which port that server might be
on.)

So I went to try to get rid of the firewall (Drakconf says "press
configure to change or remove the firewall) -- BUT there doesn't seem
to be any way to get rid of the thing. I didn't see anything that said
"do xxx to remove the firewall".

So I have a two-part question:

1. How do I get rid of the tinyfirewall?
2. How do I get old-fashioned ipchains to work? At some point when
installing 8.1, I saw, for a fraction of a second, something that
talked about ipchains and modules, but it was gone from the screen
before I could read it :-( It's probably sitting in a logfile
somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

  Doc Evans

Phone:  +1 303 494 0394
Mobile: +1 720 839 8462