I had the same problem.  8.1 running on both computers and I could not
get draksync to work ... was getting the same error as you.  Don't know
what made me try it but I went to the other computer and tried using
draksync.  Well it worked.  Then I went back to my original computer I
was trying to do this on and gave it a try.  This time it worked. I'm
sure there is a logical explanation but I don't have it.

Greg