Just completed a fresh install of Mandrake 8.1. I installed all security fixes, and
updated the four draktools for networking. I then attempted to configure my ADSL
Modem. After completeing all the info for the configureation, when I hit the reply
button the Mandrake Control Center window goes blank. I manually started the the
Internet services in the services window and that leads to a error in root something
about attempting to change a read only value in tools.pm on line 125. Then configured
my good old trusty RP PPPOE and that works in root. However the good low security
system will not allow me to configure it for other users.NEED TO GET THIS STRAIGHTENED
OUT as the ADSL is going bye bye and Charter Cable is coming out SUNDAY to install
cable modem with no LINUX support of course. I have reached the end of knowledge.
Mandrake is relatively new to me. 8.0 worked beautifully. All help greatfully
accepted. Also Modeprbe does not seem to see the eathernet cards. though eth0!
 is up and running or this would not reach the net.

Ralp