Andrew George wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:46, Felix Miata wrote:

> > Maybe I'm misunderstanding it's purpose. When chosing Grub as boot
> > loader during install, the last menu choice is to boot from floppy. I
> > set the BIOS boot order to C,A,SCSI on a SCSI-less system. When the boot
> > floppy is inserted into the drive and boot brings up the Grub menu from
> > HD and I choose to boot from floppy, an error message comes up: "Could
> > not find ramdisk image: initrd.img". If I change the BIOS to boot order
> > A,C,SCSI, I still get the same error message. Doesn't 8.1 know how to
> > make a usable boot floppy? What am I doing wrong that I can't initiate
> > boot from the floppy?

> Can you boot at all?

Of course, just not from the supposed rescue floppy that I was trying to
test before needing it to rescue something messed up by windoze.

> What filesystem are you using for your /boot or / partitions (some just don't
> work)

/boot /dev/hda1 ext2 & / /dev/hda5 ext2
--
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://mrmazda.members.atlantic.net/