On 12 Dec 2001, Oscar wrote:

> El mié, 12-12-2001 a las 10:13, Marek escribió:
> >
> > Hi Guys
> >
> > I am battling to get my cd-rw to read music disks and burn, how do i
> > enable SCSI-emulation ?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Marek
>
> 1. If the cdrw is in /dev/hdb, add hdb=ide-scsi to the append= line in
> lilo.conf.
> 2. Be sure this entry is in /etc/modules.conf:
> probeall scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
> 3. Reboot.
> Salu2
> óscar.

You will need scsi emulation enabled or as a module in the kernel as well.
Also the syntax to append in lilo.conf is append=" hdb=ide-scsi". SCSI
emulation is usually  compiled as a Module in the stock mdk kernel anyhow,
if thats what u are using. Then do cdrecord -scanbus to see if your drive
is recognized as SCSI. If it is yer set.

--
  oo|  Give Microsoft The Bird!!!!  oo|

Chad Young