I switched back to the kernel 2.2.19-20secure. Since, I have pb with modprobe
my ethernet card. More precisely, modprobe try to load the old_tulip module
(which doesn't work with my card, I tried) instead of the tulip one. Then, the
interface eth0 doesn't load at boot time, even if told to do so.

I checked /etc/modules.conf and nothing in there does an alias from tulip to
old_tulip.

Where are the other modprobe configuration files? How do I remove this alias?

Guillaume.

Details:
I can get the card to work by doing:
$ insmod pci-scan
$ insmod tulip
$ ifup eth0

On the other hand modprobe doesn't work:
$ modprobe tulip
modprobe: Can't locate modules tulip

If I look at the configuration of modprobe, I find a line that doesn't please
me:
$ modprobe -c | grep tulip
alias eth0 tulip
alias tulip old_tulip

The first line is fine, the second is not. The module old_tulip is not on my
machine anymore as it didn't work with my card (I tried). There is no such line
in my /etc/module.conf. Where does modprobe get this alias? How do I remove it?