On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Franki wrote:

> try telling msec to set your security as medium,, that should give you back
> access.

 I set msec at 3 and it still didnt work. I even set it to 1 to try and it
didnt work. I get ifup ppp0 failed with error 8 and also error 35
sometimes. error 8 just means connect script failed. But I never made any
changes to the script so why would it fail? It worked just fine b4. I
could even use ifup ppp0 as a user, now I get users can't control this
device. I have gone to Linuxconf under PPP and set the option allow
any users to (de)activate the interface. This is mind boggling. I would
hate to have to reinstall to be able to use ifup ppp0 again but I've tried
everything I can think of. I have been thinking of switching to debian
maybe now is the time.

--
  . ---
  |o_o |
  |:_/ |   Give Micro$oft the Bird!!!!
 //   \ \  Use Linux!!!!
Chad Young
Registered Linux User #195191
@ http://counter.li.org
Linux localhost 2.4.17-rc1 #5 Thu Dec 13 18:25:16 AST 2001 i686 unknown
  1:40pm  up 21 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.13, 0.10