I installed the rexec from the LM 8.1 distro, changed the configuration
so that disable = no (instead of disable = yes), but I cannot connect
to it from a remote system, even when I try to do so manually.

Does anyone have rexec working with LM 8.1? and, if so, are there any
suggestions as to what might be configured incorrectly? (I'm sure it
must be just a configuration issue). I don't know much about UNIX
services, so I just installed and crossed my fingers. That doesn't seem
to have been enough :-(

  Doc

PS Even if I do a "telnet localhost 512" on the Linux box, it
immediately says "connection refused"; so it looks like the service
doesn't ever start up properly.

PPS There is nothing in the logs that matches "exec".

Phone:  +1 303 494 0394
Mobile: +1 720 839 8462
Fax:    +1 781 240 0527