But it still effed up when I told it I did not care,
I was using gcc3 so I re-installed  and used
gcc2.96 and it still effed up.

I can't compile anything at all with these 2 compiler versions.

I just do not understand.

If you wish, I will go back and demonstrate with
2.96 and then try an upgrade with gcc3 to show
what the errors were, maybe you know something
I don't know about them, then some ideas would be
much appreciated.

UNtil next time, many thanks.