Hi,

Is there someone that knows why I haven't been able to compile KDE/QT
applications since installing Mandrake-Linux 8.1. I never had any
problems with any previous versions but since installing 8.1 I get the
following error message:

configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 2.2.2) (libraries) not found. Please check
your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.

After the initial installation nothing would compile. The KDE/QT
development packages are installed, the QT enviroment variables are set
as in the QT installation FAQ and precompiled applications run OK.
Strangely enough when I compiled and installed QT3, applications found
the installed QT3 libraries but not they can't find QT 2.3.1. Passing
the QT directory to configure (--with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt2) doesn't work
either.

I have searched FAQ's, DOC's  and mailing lists for any information but
couldn't find any.

Frustrated,

Jeff.