The problems were not that they did it but that they did it wrong.  ie there was no
route on their network from 12.234.65.xxxx to 12.234.64.xxx when I was on the first
subnet, I couldn't see the second.  I took be 4 hours of talking to people from my
friends house (online chat) to get to someone who understood what I, in my inept way,
was trying to tell them. Once they did create a path... it all worked fine.

James