Hi All People,

Merry X'mas

I have some further RAID questions to ask :

1) Can  ATA-133 hard drive be used on RAID controller available on market
such RAID 0, 1, 0+1 etc. with cable for ATA100/ATA133.  No special designed
controller is needed ?

2) RAID 0
If I have 6 discs and the controller has only 2 channels.  How to make
connection ?  1 master and 2 slaves for each channel ?  Or need a
controller with at least 3 channels

3) RAID 1
a) Question same as RAID 0, about discs connection :
in order to achieve two concurrent separate reads per mirrored pair or two
duplicate writes per mirrored pair ?
b) What does it mean  "One Write or two Reads possible per mirrored pair"

4) RAID 3 to my understanding : being very high read and write data
transfer rate
a) Controller design is fairly complex : is it awailable on market ?  Not
ordered made component ?
b) Connect question for 3 hard discs
c) What does it mean  "Low ratio of ECC (Parity) disks to data disks means
high efficiency" ?

Thanks in advance.

B.R.
Stephen Liu