I have an Nvidia geforce 2 mx PCI card that has been causing full Xwindows
lock ups to the point of having to do a hard shutdown. I removed the GLX and
Nvidia module lines form my XF86Config-4 file and seem to have no problems.
I know the drivers are closed source and there not a lot that can be done in
that respect. Driver ver. is 1.0-2313 has anyone experienced similar problems
with these drivers?
I used the tarballs to install them on the default 8.1 kernel  2.4.8-26. I am
curious if maybe there is a utility to check the card to see if maybe it is
failing as i never had these issues until recently and I experience similar
problems in windows.

TIA,
John Wheat