On Monday 24 December 2001 02:37, you wrote:
> Paul Stear wrote:
> > I am using KPPP to connect and gftp for transfers and I keep getting the
> > modem disconnected even whilst transferring data.
> > I have not been able to find any settings about disconnect if idle.
>
> Missed much of this discussion; but any chance you have Call Waiting on
> that line...?  If so, there is usually a per-call code you can use to
> disable it... "*70" or somesuch...
>
> Pierre
Thanks for your reply, I do not have call waiting.  The problem is strange in
that in the middle of downloading mail the transfer as seen on the graph goes
to zero and then I get an error message with error 16 (modem disconnected)
from kppp.  The same happens when transferring updates.  I just do not know
what to try next.

regards
Paul