Thus spake Dave Horsfall ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> Mandrake 8.1 on Intel 440GX.
>
> This m/board has two on-board Adaptec controllers.  If I'm using say
> channel A for boot/root etc, and I want to use channel B instead (it's a
> bit slower), would I have to re-install, or can I just swap a few symlinks
> around?

Can't you adjust fstab? Is your boot sector on this SCSI disk, BTW -
you don't say. That would make a difference. Or would it? Hmmm, if it
were the only bootable device, presumably the MB would boot from it.
--
|Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
|Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |