-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jose Luis Vazquez
Gonzalez
Sent: Wednesday, 26 December 2001 11:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] VFAT and Evolution

Hi,

I was trying to migrate from Kmail to evolution and I found the following
problem.

My mail folders are on a VFAT partition at Kmail and they work fine. I
wanted
to do the same with the evolution ones.

First I needed to migrate ALL my kmail folders to evolution which is VERY
painfull as you have to go ONE BY ONE, but it can be done. (If someone knows
how to automate I would like to know how)

The main problem comes when I try to access mail folders at the VFAT
partition, the system complaints when I try chmods or chowns on VFAT becuase
VFAT does not have owner or permissions AND evolution tries to do some
chmods
or chowns cause it gets blocked when trying to access those folders on the
VFAT partition.

Do you know...

A) How can I change the /etc/fstab to mount the vfat so to ignore chmods or
chowns intead of giving an error?

or

B) How can I make evolution work on a vfat partition where it cannot change
permissions or ownerships?

Thanks in advance!

Jose