Hi all,

I finially got 8.1 loaded on this Netvista I am working on.. so no Win2000
for them..

however, I'd like to get X working on this box so they can use
MandrakeUpdate, (or at least try to.)

During install, I answered the questions on setting up X, but wisely decided
to not test it during install,

when it had come up after install, I tried to start X it locked up linux
tight, nothing happening at all, couldnt' even ping it.

The motherboard is a Via job...  I can't figure out what the video is
though, harddrake reports unknown S3 (it is shared memory)

This PC is not that new, so I cant' see why it wouldn't be supported..  I
don't care what resolution I can have, I'd probably be happy with
framebuffer if thats all I can get, just that I've never needed to before..
so I don't know how.

Should I insist that this guy buy a PCI video card and try to get that
working?

Any tips would be great..

rgds

Frank