And as a side note, since others have already answered your question.

ALL UNIX systems use /etc/passwd and /etc/group.  Most Linux's use /etc/shadow, or
something
along those lines.  It may be called something else, but it basically does the same
thing.

If you want to edit something that's in /etc/passwd use the command vipw.  Rumor has
it, it
will actually read your $EDITOR, and then edit the /etc/passwd, and /etc/shadow.  But
I don't
believe that.  I always use Vi so it works for me.

Same thing for /etc/group.  Use vigr, but that's only Linux boxes.  I think it may
even be an
altered version of vipw.

But that's just some extra information. Hopefully it's helpful.
tdh

  T. Holmes  |  UNIXTECHS.org  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  UIN:  17021091
 | Where does mandrake saves information about all users acounts, password
 | etc.. in which folder exactly..
 | any idea...?
 |
 | regards...

 | Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com
 |
 | Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
 | Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

  1:54PM  up 66 days,  2:34, 5 users, load averages: 0.03, 0.06, 0.04