thanks for this tip tim. iīve read you page and i think this will be very
helpfull for many people. though i canī t second your opinion on mandrakeīs menu
system. it greatly sucks.
after asking here twice how to register a mime-type association in kde to an app
thatīs not been installed with an mandrake rpm or even with .tar.gz, iīve finaly
renamed the update-menus script!
every time iīve had installed a mandrake rpm, kde would forget that i want it to
use mplayer to play avis or mpegs. it even didnīt let me add an entry for
mplayer with menudrake. it was gone after the next rpm.
i really like mandrake, but this is somethings that drove me mad.

bye,
Tobias

--
Weisheiten aus eigener Erfahrung: Teil 1
"Wenn du dein BIOS flashen willst, gehe WIRKLICH sicher, dass du das richtige