If the comcast switchover is going as well at the ATT maybe this will
help.

  In the firest week or so DHCP was all screwed up in our area.
However Since windows is so sloppy and I'm pretty good at guesswork
here's what I did.  Started a windows box and found out it wanted to
give me xx.xxx.xxx.xxx ip.  Then set my linux box to that IP and
xx.xxx.xxx.1 for the gateway.  Used one of the name servers at the
office and "gave" myself a static IP.  Had to fiddle around a bit with
the numbers but it wasn't real hard.  (Don't use the old comcast
nameservers)  Then after about 5 or 6 days when they had it
"straightened out" I went straight DHCP without a hiccup from Linux.

James

On Sat, 5 Jan 2002 23:29:19 -0700
"Fridhar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Try resetting the cable modem. Power off the modem for a minute,
connect to
> ur original setup and bring up the interface
>
> Sridhar

However,
> > Friday morning without warning my cable modem stopped working.
> >
> > Previous set up:
> >
> > Cable Modem
> > Linux
> > Switch ===== Win 98
> > Win Me
> >
> > Reading up on how the change went down (and after waiting 3 hours
on
> > hold without getting to talk to ANYONE) in other places, I set my
Win 98
> > box to DHCP and plugged it directly into the Cable Modem.  On a
reboot,
> > that worked, but that's not my desired solution.  I figured it
couldn't
> > bet that hard to do the same for the Linux box, so I redid the
cables to
> > the original config above and used linux.
> >
> > I have the following DHCP rpms installed (rpm -qa | grep dhcp):
> >
> > dhcpcd-1.3.20pl0-1mdk
> > dhcp-common-3.0-0.rc12.1mdk
> > dhcpxd-1.0.3-8mdk
> > dhcp-client-3.0-0.rc12.1mdk
> >
> > I used linuxconf to set eth1 to DHCP and let it reload the config.
On