Hi,

I to am one of the suffers of the @home mess.  It is causing me lots of
undue stress.  My specific problem is this:  Anything that requires a
persistant connection is being disconnected after a period of time
(around 5 - 10 minutes).  This includes ftp, chat sessions (instant
messenger), and diablo 2.  For example, if I am using ftp, I will log in
and start a download (which will start will good speeds) and then there
will be a long pause and then the program (I use gftp) reports that it's
been disconnected and is will try to reconnect.  It reconnects only to
have the same thing happen again.  Diablo 2 is similar -- I can join a
game, but within 5 minutes I am disconnected. Most things are
working(email, internet, etc), however, I have to select on some sites
twice in order for it to load and large email attachments take longer
than they should to upload/download.

My particular setup is that I have a linux box acting as the router and
DNS server -- it is running Mandrake 8.0.  I have 2 computers networked
with it, one running win98 and the other Linux.

The server box is running dhcp using dhcpxd.  I am at a loss as to where
to start looking for the problem.  BTW -- AT&T support is wacked!!!

Any help for a poor soul would be appreciated.

Nasa