Have you been able to get krecord to work through KDE2?  I used it with
KDE1 and had great results... but when I made the switch I didn't get it to
work (I only spent a coupld hours one night).  I've been looking for
something else which would do the trick but haven't had the time and it
hasn't found the priority I wish it had.

Thanks,
Matt

                    Nick Thompson

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:     Mandrake Experts
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    om>                          cc:

                    Sent by:                     Subject:     [expert] recording audio
from sound card at specified time
                    expert-owner@linux-ma

                    ndrake.com

                    01/09/2002 10:33 AM

                    Please respond to

                    expert

Hi,

I generally use the impressive krecord program to capture audio from my
sound card. It works great, but as a GUI it is geared to user interaction.
What I need to do is capture some audio at a set time (as a cron job, or at
task) for a specified period. I can handle putting a script together to
start and stop a task at specified times, but how can I capture the audio
samples into a file?

I'm guessing something like 'cat /dev/dsp > filename' might work (or
/dev/audio?), but is there more to it - e.g. sample rate? Or maybe somebody
knows of a tool to do this. (I need to capture to file as I will be
capturing around an hours worth)

Sorry this is not strictly a Mandrake question, but it is LM8.1 I want to
do this on  :-) .

Thanks,
Nick.