Matrox has always been one of the best video card vendors IMHO.  I've
always been very pleased with their cards.
That said, I think my next card will be an ATI All-In-Wonder, because I
know of people who have used it to do video capture with Linux and have
been pleased.
I haven't checked around, though.  If I find a Matrox card to do the same
thing for a decent price...  I might try it even if I haven't heard
anything about it for Linux Video Capture.  They are that good.

                    "Mark D'voo"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    Sent by:                     cc:

                    expert-owner@linux-ma        Subject:     Re: [expert] Which
graphics card to get?
                    ndrake.com

                    01/08/2002 10:17 PM

                    Please respond to

                    expert

i've heard lots of good stuff about matrox cards especially for playing
movies under mplayer.  Back when I had problems with mplayer the authors
told
me to get rid of my geforce and get a matrox.  I personally like my geforce

(although the drivers aren't superb), I know that the matrox drivers are
open
source (therefore have probably been ported to freebsd etc) and are
supposed
to be really good.  I think matrox even has a linux control panel to setup
their cards and stuff

mark

--
  9:15am  up 19:45,  2 users,  load average: 0.11, 0.36, 0.34