I am runnig the Mandrake Single Network Firewall (works great btw) and had
two seperate NIC's setup for my internal network, one on a 192.168.1 and the
other on 172.16.0. I thought I may have been having problems with these two
co-existing and suppressed the 172.16 net NIC. I have since tried to bring
this NIC back up to no avail.
#ifup eth2, returns error,

usage ifup<device name>

I then entered  #ifconfig eth2 inet, with no apparent error just returned a
prompt.

#ifconfig eth2 shows that the NIC is there and has an IP address, SNM and
broadcast address.

What am I doing wrong here?

Regards,

 John Wheat