daRcmaTTeR wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 21:54:47 -0500
> Pierre Fortin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to ponder:
>
> > On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 21:24:05 -0500, daRcmaTTeR wrote:
> >
> > > On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 10:08:42 -0500
> > > Mark Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to
> > > ponder:

> > Mozilla!>
> > > ooooops...spoke too soon. didn't make a bit O difference on this
> > machine.
> >
> > I now have a great speedup...  here's how:
> >
> > 1. installed sylpheed and galeon
> >
> > 2. dumped Nuts-crash
> >
> > Tried switching to pine exclusively (since I regulary do mail remotely
> > (via pine)); but sylpheed is *way* faster than pine...
> >
> > :^)
> > Pierre
> >

> I went back to using regular Netscape. works just fine. it's the new
> netscape that runs like a slug on a hot side walk for me. Galeon was
> sluggish for me too.

I've never been a big fan of Netscape 6.x, way to slow for my taste.
Netscape 4.x is much better in that respect, but even it has issues. For
my usual web browsing, I'm running Galeon now. It "seems" a lot more
stable, and faster than Netscape, or Mozilla (although removing the
debug code from the script did help on the speed issue).

As for Opera: In a world of free browsers, I refuse to pay for one. :)

--
Ric Tibbetts

Linux registration number: 55684
If you want to help advertise Linux - point your friends to
http://counter.li.org/