Thought I would enlist the help of the expert group for this one...

My linux system (Mandrake 8.1) crashed, when it came back up...

"EXT2-FS error (device ide0(3,1)) -ext2_read_inode unable to read inode
block - inode=245176, block=491550"

I tried using a Mandrake boot disk to attempt a manual fsck.. but I can only
get into the setup.. Booting using a slackware boot/root didn't work because
the fsck program wouldn't run without glibc loaded...(not sure if that would
have worked anyway)

"fsck /lib/libc.so.6 version 'glibc-2.1.3' not found (required by fsck)"

If anyone can give me some advice on this.. I really dont want to have to
reinstall my system again.

Thanks,
Dan.