> My suggestion is to install 8.1, set it to not boot
> into X, then

Yeah, for some reason, the install program hang when
it run the XFree Test, I have to re-install it, and
this time not test; then login . I got the newest
driver from the author of the driver and replave it in
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers ...; run Xdrakes, it
works. Now my question is, is it 3D accelarated card?
If yes, how to configure it, I did not see any thing
similar when compiling the kernel, the DRI module, (it
has AGP though); I have not run any program using
OpenGL yet, not sure if it is ok.
Thanks for the response