This subject is like the Energizer Bunny... It just keeps going, and
going, and...

LOL

I did a similar thing a couple of weeks ago.
I came from RedHat land a whileback. Ran it for years.I switched to
Mandrake about mid 2001, when Redhat just got flakey, and Mandrake was
showing such great promise.
A couple weeks ago, I got curious about how RH 7.2 was doing, so I
loaded it up. when I did, I loaded it without Gnome, and then loaded
Ximian Gnome instead.
That part all ran fine, as did KDE. The wide variation in installation
stability is interesting. How some parts are stable for some, and not
for others. :)
For me the breaking factor was the printing. Mandrake uses CUPS which
supports my printer. RH doesn't, and I couldn't get my printer to work.
I also thought that their installer came up short, not having much of
what's included in Mandrakes installer.

All in all, I'm much happier with Mandrake. :)

As to Evolution. I thought the 1.0 upgrade was a piece of cake. You can
get all the mdk.rpms from the cooker site. I just upgraded the following
packages:

evolution-1.0-2mdk.i586.rpm
evolution-devel-1.0-2mdk.i586.rpm
GConf-1.0.7-1mdk.i586.rpm
gtkhtml-1.0.0-1mdk.i586.rpm
libdb3.3-3.3.11-5mdk.i586.rpm
libgal18-0.18.1-1mdk.i586.rpm
libGConf1-1.0.7-1mdk.i586.rpm
libgtkhtml20-1.0.0-1mdk.i586.rpm

The upgrade took only a few minutes. Remember to install these with rpm
-Uvh.
Also: I was on the gnome site last night, and Evolution 1.0.1 is out.
Many bug fixes! It's worth looking at. I expect we'll see it on the
cooker site soon.

Ric

--
Ric Tibbetts

Linux registration number: 55684
If you want to help advertise Linux - point your friends to
http://counter.li.org/