Hi,

I have searched the bug database in alsa site but
found nothing similar, the thing is very strange. I
got via686a card ; two cd using ide-scsi for all as
one is cd-writer, alsa-0.5.12a ; everyhting is fine
(play xmms, etc..) except cd music doesn't play no
matter I try. When iserting music cd and press Play
button on cd drive, the light on the driver is
blinking indicating that it is playing but no sound at
all. Use grip and play, or any cd player is the same.
Run aumix and set the cd ; unmute .. doesn;t help.

I just dont understand why, probably the cable? Then I
reboot, boot into winme and play, it is fine.

Ok here I got stumped, pls help.

Thanks

=====
S.KIEU