Hi all,

I just got this error when trying to install the update kernel for 8.1
(2.4.8-34.1mdk)

I was installing manually with rpm -ivh kernel-2.4.8-34*

it gives me that error after the preparing and then installing bars go
accross.

The system only had the default kernel running prior to that..

any idea what this is???

more importantly, any idea what to do about it? because of the error grub
wasn't appended with the new kernel. I can add it manually, but it probably
won't work will it?

also, I tried to install it over the top of itself to see if it would help..

I did not use force.. or nodeps,, and expected a "package is already
installed" message.

rpm -qa |grep kernel prior to the second install showed the kernel as
installed, so its not the rpm datase...)
worse then that, it then listed twice in the rpmdatabase, and using -e to
remove it said, "kernel-2.4.8-34.1mdk is multiple packages, so it wouldn't
let me remove it.. (I had to use kpackage to get rid of it.)

So, I am in a bind, I can't update my kernel for some reason..

any ideas anyone???

kindest regards

Frank