AWSdS> Hi,

AWSdS>         I have a PII 300, 198 Ram, a Studio PCTV pci and a Voodoo3 3000
AWSdS> agp.  Everything works fine under MDK 8.1.  Once I was suggested to add
AWSdS> "load v4l" in my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, so I'd be able to see TV via xawtv
AWSdS> in total full screen mode, since I use 1024x768 resolution.
AWSdS>         However, it didn't work.  When I call xawtv, my TV view came out
AWSdS> of the xawtv window, very messy and my system almost lock, getting very
AWSdS> slow.
AWSdS>         Without v4l, using mplayer I can see TV in total full screen.  So,
AWSdS> is it a xawtv issue? Or how to fix this problem about "load v4l"?  Any
AWSdS> suggestion?

AWSdS>         Many thanks in advance,

 - The correct syntax should be
   Load        "v4l"

 - Have you run "v4l-conf" ?. Better run it while X-windows is active.
   Just open a terminal in X and run it, it should define the
   resolution etc.

 - Is mplayer changing resolution? The thing in watching full screen,
   is a limitation of resolution, so mplayer might be changing
   resolution to let it be played in full screen, and this thing is
   not "what load v4l" does.

 - Xawtv may need some configuration. Guess it must be using Xv. Check
   the man page for "how"

 - This `Load "v4l"` is not totally supported by all the video cards,
   though if I remember it right, voodoo is supported. Guess you can
   find info at xfree86.org

 Onur Kucuk